Our posts are usually related to motivational stories and good deeds that we do at QCares. For a change I’m going to talk about facts and figures that will force you to think of how we have to do something to make India a better place.
- 21.9% Indians suffer from poverty
- About 35% children with disabilities remain out of elementary school
- Every second child in India is malnourished
- 56% adolescent girls (15-19 years) are anemic, as against 30% adolescent boys
- 11.8% children in India are engaged in some form of child labor
- Over 40% is National Dropout Rate at the elementary level
- 6%-7% of India’s population suffers from common mental disorders
The facts describe how pathetic the condition is. According to the facts, 35% children with disabilities remain out of elementary school. So what is going to happen to these kids?How will they live their life? Who is going to take care of them? There are several NGOs who are already doing this job. But then, not everyone can establish an NGO, although they can volunteer for this noble cause.
Donating money to NGOs doesn’t have to be your only option. You can also give your time to these kids. Spend time with them today because they are going to be the adults of tomorrow. If we can help them understand the value of education, we will be doing a great service to them because it is only through education that they can grow up and become responsible citizens.